OPTIMA SPIRALCELL TECHNOLOGY®
The heart of OPTIMA® SPIRALCELL TECHNOLOGY is a series of individual spiral-wound cells composed of two pure (99.99%) lead plates coated in a precise coating of lead oxide. This breakthrough in battery design delivers more power and consistently outperforms conventional flat-plate batteries.
- Each lead plate is manufactured as a continuously cast strip that maintains critical thickness tolerances
- The two plates get a proprietary separator (this key component is actually made of a micro-fiberglass blend that feels like fine cotton) that performs two critical functions: keeps the two plates from touching, and holds the electrolyte in a uniform suspension
- The unique manufacturing process of spiral winding continuous lead plates is far more precision-controlled and expensive than building traditional flat-plate AGM batteries. Custom automated cell-winding machines are required to maintain the close tolerances required to maintain quality and performance
- Each completed SPIRALCELL ends up looking somewhat like a precisely wound “jelly roll.” Critical tolerances, temperatures, humidity and automated processes are maintained and constantly monitored
- OPTIMA batteries' precision-molded cylindrical cases are manufactured to such tight tolerances that only virgin polypropylene can be used. This ensures perfect and uniform compression once the SPIRALCELL is inserted and also avoids any potential contaminants or impurities from pre-used plastic
- 12-volt OPTIMA batteries are made of six SPIRALCELL cells, each having a fully charged open circuit voltage of 2.2 volts for deep-cycle batteries and just over 2.1 volts for starting batteries OPTIMA has built more than 100 million individual spiral cells since the early 1990s. No one knows how to build the highest quality and best-performing spiral-wound batteries better than OPTIMA.
- Up to 3x longer life compared to standard lead-acid batteries
- Up to 5x more cycle life compared to standard lead-acid batteries
- Maximum starting performance
- 15x more vibration resistant vs. standard lead-acid batteries
- Handles high electrical loads
- Faster recharge time and deep-cycling capability
- Non-spillable and maintenance-free
- Performs in abusive environments (extreme heat, etc.)
OPTIMA PUREFLOW FACTS:
- The new OPTIMA YELLOWTOP has been engineered with 99.99% pure lead, highly compressed radial grids and a direct-path cast-on strap to deliver robust power, extreme recharge and unsurpassed performance.
- 99.99% pure lead in highly compressed radial grid plates provide resistance to damage from vibration and corrosion
- OPTIMA proprietary AGM flat-plate technology features ultra-thin fibers woven into each highly compressed plate, increasing plate count and surface area, which ultimately maximizes the power and significantly extends the life of the battery.
- The exclusive direct-path cast-on strap establishes a direct connection between power cells, reduces internal resistance and maximizes the flow of energy, which provides faster cranking power and higher cold-cranking amps.
- Faster recharging capabilities
- Maintenance free for maximum convenience
- Completely non-spillable, mountable in many positions
- 15x the vibration resistance of a standard flooded battery
- Up to 3 times longer life vs. standard flooded batteries
- SPIRALCELL TECHNOLOGY with 99.99% pure lead delivers more power and consistently outperforms conventional flat-plate batteries
The REDTOP® high-performance AGM battery is the ultimate starting battery and is designed to deliver a strong burst of ignition power for a reliable start-up every time. It has high power delivery and extreme resistance to the most common causes of battery failure.
The YELLOWTOP® High Performance AGM Battery is one of the very few car batteries on the market that is truly dual-use. With premium starting power and impressive cycling capabilities, this heavy-duty battery is also perfect for today's vehicles that are packed with accessories. Its low internal resistance provides more consistent power output and faster recharge times.
The ORANGETOP™ with HYPERCORE LITHIUM™ TECHNOLOGY is bringing OPTIMA® power, performance and reliability to powersport vehicles. This vibration-resistant lithium battery is a lighter weight option that provides the power and reliability you’ve come to expect from OPTIMA®. The ORANGETOP™ also comes equipped with our patented OPTIMA® POWERLINK™ system that provides convenient battery control, status and charging.